Turboversum Forum

Bitte logg dich ein oder registriere dich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Seiten: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Nach unten

Autor Thema: Age of Conan  (Gelesen 119829 mal)

-]T[-krusty

• Vollmumu
  • Global Moderator
Leaked Beta Infos :-)
« Antwort #60 am: 10:29:29 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Section 4 - Misc.

How does the gear change from say level 20 to level 60 does it get bigger, brighter, more ornate?

from my experience AoC just isn't gear dependent..like other games. my barbarian kept the same tunic he got from his level 10 destiny quest till about level 30 cause I couldn't /didn't need an upgrade. but i did upgrade weapons every 5 levels.. sometimes 10 levels.some of teh armor.weapons do get more ornate and more unique looking as you get past level 30 quest rewards.. definitely seen some wicked armor andweapons!

Are there none instanced dungeons if so how are they?

yeah Sanctum of the burning souls dungeon is the lowest level raid dungeon I've seen can go in with a group of 37 + and do pretty good. some dungeons are as big as an entire zone and beautifully rendered in detail.. you can see fog roll in, spider webs , crypts and tombs.. etc.etc.

What do you think about the collision detection, nice element that really adds into the overall experience or just nice to have or even annoying most of the time?

honestly, i think it adds to the over all experience.

I have a pretty straight forward question related to dungeon-type content. Basically are there any very extensive underground areas in the game? I am not looking for any spoilers here about content, but I am just wondering if the game has extensive, good old fashioned dungeon crawls.

oh.. HELL YES it has dungeon crawls.. hehe !
one you'll find early is the underhalls sewers in tortage.. and then old tarantia sewers.
then there's staight up dungeons.. big as teh zones they're in sometimes.

My question is, what time frame does leveling take? Someone in my guild has mentioned that she is only going to need a few days to hit 80. Is that the case? Or are we looking at a little longer than that.

Ok leveling exp in the beta client is ramped UP so we can give feedback sooner.. so I know they'l be adjusting it to slower pace when it goes live..
how ever . on the previous build .. if you played non-stop and used exploits you could get a conqueror to level 80 in less than 72 hours.
it's been done.. lol devs tracked it and watched too !

for me ? my pace ?
I played 3 days a week.. maybe 3 hours to 4 hours each time.. got my barbarian to level 50 in a month. hope that helps !

If you'd be so kind as to answer, how hard is it starting out to group up with say someone from stygia if your cimm or aquil? I will most likely make a soldier char but my wife will make either a caster dps or possible a temp of set as they are close to a dps caster while still providing healing? Is is a long trek or are they a warp/portal between major towns?

once you leave tortage.. you will be trasnported to your race's starting city, but you can always meet up with your friends via using a Boat from the boat captains chartering rides. or a stagecoach..

as of last build.. to get from stygia : starting city of KHEMI, you need only take a boat to the country of Aquilonia and arrive in the city of Tarantia.. from there there is a HUGE.. i mean .. HUUUGE dock with lots of boat captains and smugglers to take you to diffrent countries.

I had a question about the Tarantia Noble District. The area that supposedly is for more sneaky types to enter and skulk and steal and all that. Is it in game, or still planned to be in game? If so, is it able to be accessed by other classes that have trained their stealth skills high enough, or is it solely the purvey of the rogue archetype?

Also, someone else above asked about mounted combat. I too am pretty interested in hearing how it's turning out, or even if it's been implemented.

yep tarantia noble district is there.. and yes alot of the quests lean toward the rogue archetypes.. but that doesn't mean you cant be a soldier/ mage or priest and try it.

you'll just have to do it a little.. less "Quietly" ...Tarantia noble district is also the part of the city you'll find the entrance to King Conan's throne room and actually meet him.
there's a tavern in the noble district with a secret " FIGHT CLUB" arena.
( that's all i gona say about that one.. =) )

Yep ! MOUNTED combat has been in for about 6 patches now... I personally have done my part in testing decapitations while i ran past mobs.
seems i can only decapitate humanoids tho.. couldn't do it to a rabbit.. no matter how many rabbits i killed. =/
the mounting and dismounting animations are something you simple have to SEE .
(you don't just "poof" automatically have a mount and are sitting on it.)

Are there different stats for different mounts? How about armor for your mounts?

There are normal horses, fast horses and armored horses. Besides the siege mounts, rhinos and mammoths there are definitely a few dozen types of horses to chose from. and most vary in speed as well as color and armor.
the swift horses are like the wild horses you'd picture that are barely domesticated and have only the bare essentials on them.. for riding. then there's armored horses.. they have HP and armor rating but are significantly slower than swift horses.

horses have the best turning rate of any of the mounts .

rhinos can run pretty fast once they get thier momentum up..
turns alittle tuff..

Mammoths.. almost boring waiting forthem to turn ... =/
highest HP and definitely more attack power.

Can you tell us about mature rating of the game?

For me the adult theme is not deriving from the nipples, but from the heavy storytelling element and the cruel world. Besides, age does not equal maturity, if you expect to see a more mature crowd based on the rating alone, you'll probably be disappointed. That been said, the general channels even in beta are bearable to watch, even during beta (where everyone is more anonymous than ... well, a normal server where people have a reputation to uphold).

BEST moments of Discovery

*leaving tortage for the first time and arriving in Old tarantia the primary cityof Aquilonia.. I arrived at the docks and saw what I would imagine what the roman cities and docks would look like.. best compared to city scenes of rome from the movie Gladiator. seagulls , beggars , shops, roaming guards, urchin children playing and chasing each other. As i walked around this Huge city, i was going thru diffrent alleyways and large squares, i passed by one of the central squares with the banner of the black dragon knights blowing in the wind and I saw a wooden contruct with people staring at it.. and in the middle of the construct was a hangman's noose waiting for the next victim.

* walking out of conarch's village to conall's valley and seeing a huge elk walking by and wolves chasing rabbits, some in the middle of eating a dead deer. and a small camp of cimmerian guards standing around a fire and complaining about the vanir and the bitter cold

*entering for the first time the dungeon called : "Sanctum of The Burning Souls .. as the fog rolled in and I met saw shadows of monsters and heard weird sounds i actually kinda got a little scared to walk down the path and turn the corner

How many people does it take to start a guild?

so far in the beta you only need ot be level 20 to start a guild !

Is there any limit on how many feats you have? or do you have to pick a spec and can only acquire feats in that tree?

this one will have to let you know.. but originally it looked like you had more than enough feats actually to fill ONE tree completely. this new build might have changed that , we'l find out soon !

Is gold a necessary commodity that you have to farm weekly to just play the game as in wow with the constant drain for consumables, repairs, and such? Are there repair costs? if so how much?

no repair costs as we don't have item decay ! it hasn't been hard to save coin since I almost never bought anything except potions and sold everything i looted to vendors and kept only what I felt was an upgrade from my quest rewards.. again tho we don't have full itemization in beta so i dunno how this is gonna be in release. I do KNOW that you will have to spend money to un-train your FEATS and or your ABILITIES at release.. in beta.. untraining is FREE so we can experiment with all the builds.

In game does full plate armor look physically imposing?

Looks solid.. but ALOT of the diffrent types of armor since they have very cultural looks to them are really intimidating looking anyhow.. =)

I know you haven't tested casters but do you have any idea whether or not there is +healing and +dmg modifiers on armor.

yep there are definitly modifiers like that on armor . even as early as level 15. mostly from Quest rewards and some random green quality armor drops after you leave tortage.

How huge are most cities? Are there loadings between the districts? Is there any glow effects for some magical weapons? Like fire, ice, lightning?

the cities themselves also have stairs and levels as well as diffrent districts its pretty huge. can't really give a good way to say just how big it is. there's only two areas in Old tarantia for example that have loading zones.. the tarantia sewer system.. and the noble district.

no .. none of the weapons i've seen have a permanent "glow" altho bear shamans and HoXs can imbue their weapons with spell effects. and some combos create trails of spell particles or auras when you perform them. nothing too flashy tho..

Can you tell us about emotes? How many are there? Can you give a bunch of examples?

heh.. emotes there's like 80 of them last time i did it. in tech tests you can view them also by typing : /emote ( then space ) then click TAB to see the entire list of emotes. there's emotes for each diffrent prayer to the diffrent gods. Crom, Set, Mitra...
also al the other searching emotes.. diffrent types of greetings , emotes for the basic emotions, anger,pain,crying,etc.etc. you'd realy have to check that out.. I cant get a list of emote right now since the patcher is still patching.

How many feat points are there at lvl 80? Do you feel restricted in your feat selections? Do you feel like you have to put a few points in "useless" low level feats to get the ones you really want?

79 feat points (1 per level over 10 + 1 extra per 10 levels)

When it comes to the feat trees do you have to invest a certain amount of points in each tier to move up to the next one? If so what is the amount, 5, 10 etc...

I'll make note on the new build and see how many feat points its gonna take this time from one tier to teh next.. but the last build took 5 feat points to be spent before the next tier was opened. i am pretty sure you've got to invest a number of feats to move up into the next tier on a feat tree.. I didn't notice this until I stopped being able to move to a new tier at level 25 until i hit 30.

Again, tho will have to check the new build on any corrections to this.

Mounted combat, how limiting is it, only directional attacks no combos? Perhaps a special set of combos? How is the interface for it, does it seem to flow naturally or is it awkward like we typically see in games that try to implement such things?

Mounted combat: Directional attacks, not all of them, no arrows, no AoE spells, no healing. At least that was the way pre-patch.
works great. you just can't do combos while mounted. you use the same directional controls and buttons as if you were not on a mount.. they did a fantastic job on this one..

seriously !

Are there a good number of climbing points in the world? Can you always see them or are they only seen when you actually have the skill to climb it?

They will be visible if you go near. Mostly shortcuts.

Do we have to create/carry ammunition for ranged weapons?

No, but quiver of different qualities yes.
no.. you only need to buy a QUIver for BOWS.. and BOLT Quiver ... for Crossbows. no need to make or reload arrows.

Are there many viable options for combo/feat selections, or are we going to see everyone exactly the same?

as I mentioned before.. it's pretty hard to find a cookie cutter build since at least in the soldier archetypes all three FEAT TREES are available at every level for you to put points in and use to create your prefered playstyle..again, this part can be subjective.

Do we get to allocate stat points at all, or just skill/feats? (never made it past char creation in tech test so I dont know <_< >_>)
Only in feats and skills. You do get more skills per level to the point where you won't have enough, although at first you may have too many. You can't mess with stats.

#1. You say the world and zones are huge byond Tortage, but are they wide open for exploration, or very linear and restricted?
#2. Are there more options for character customization? For example, I noticed only 4 hair colours and 4 eye colours for my Stygian, which seems rather limiting.

1)open for exploration and as of the last patch notes posted .. they have added more open areas and removed invisible barriers on this last patch !
it's only ever been linear in the jungle tutorial and some parts of tortage. out in the hyborian lands it's totally your choice to follow a road or to find a short cut. or to run around aimlessly til something fights you.. lol

2 ) as of right now ? I haven't really seen anything past what you've all seen in character customization.. altho alot of the sliders i heard in tech beta weren't working properly ?

Can you be a mercenary for other guilds if you are in a guild?

can't speak of this yet as it isn't implemented in this build as far as we know of.. the last build we had wiped our characters so no ones of level to test if it is in atm.

I thought I heard something about an alternate advancement system once you reach max lvl (not the pvp lvl system, but something from normal exp)

none present atm.

I also heard something about a mentoring system, where you could basicially have a lower lvl tag along with you and be like a pet or something .

none present atm.

What can you tell us about Guild Creation, Development, and requirements? Guild city and advancement information in the same respects.

- required only that you be level 20 to begin or create a guild.

- to start a guild city. you need to reserve/book a spot from the guild leader functions as to your guild city.

- as of the last build you are required to be level 40 to even craft.. so you will need that first requirement to meet building standards. they may have changed the number of guild members required to actually begin building the guild city.. they may not. last i heard it was minimum 40 members for a guild city. there is no known minimum number for a guild to take command of a borderkingdom tower. ( NOTE : towers ussually occupy a resource node, but are NOT the same as a battlekeep ) devs have said that you need a level 3 guild city requirement to begin construction of BAttlekeeps and seige weapons.

-]T[-krusty

• Vollmumu
  • Global Moderator
« Antwort #61 am: 10:30:38 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Section 5 - Class's

I tried two of healing classes tempest of set and bear shaman. How does the healing work seems pretty weak. I know that it was only the first 5 levels but still. Also how do healers do in pvp/ how is their damage compared to other classes?

from experience each priest has thier own strenghts.. POM has ALOT of CC abilities.. kncockbacks and stuns and such.. TEMPESTof SET has alot of Offensive power.. bear shaman truely has the greatest skills in combining his buffs with his combos. but each one can handle PvP on thier own and I've seen just a single bear shaman keep a whole group alive in a dungeon with little trouble.

Funcom has stated that they want healers to have more active roll beyond being heal bots. In your experience is it true or is all we have time for in dungeons healing?

i think they did a good job on this one.. no healer/priest class is limited to healbot status in AoC.. a bear shaman actually needs to PHYSICALLY fight to have his group health regen buff to proc. for example. =)

8. What in your opinion is the most powerful class in the game now?? and what makes that class the most poweful one??

not gonna touch this one as it's always gonna be argued..

in PvE ?

soldier archetypes are tons of fun.. just wade into a camp and having a chance to survive aolo.. that's a heart skip waiting to happen .. hehe but then . you can get a demonologist to just AOE nuke a camp too. since the latest update to teh client.. I cant give a straight answer here and we don't know what changes to teh feats and combos have been done.
gimme 48 hours to come back to this one to give a fair assessment if not an early observation.

How "strict" are the archetypes is it really possible to heal a group with every priest-class available?

from personal experience only.. i've seen that you can have ANY of the priest classes work perfectly fine for ANY group. it just ends up adjusting some group strategies.. like you'll know you can count on some added CC wit ha POM.. or lots of regen power from a bear shaman and he'll add DPS too !
and a tempest can nuke almost as well as a pure caster.. almost..

I have a question about guardians. I was interested in being one since I love shields.. however, I'm curious if being a shield fighter (like in WOW) relegates you to not really doing much damage or having much fun and mostly being confined to tanking and not much else in the end...
what's it like being a guardian? can you have much fun outside of pure tanking? can you solo well? (tanking may be fun sometimes, but characters with a very narrow role and can only really tank well and aren't good for much else such as prot warriors in WOW are not fun IMO)

As shadowgrail said already in one post, the soldiers are fun. All of them. And the guardian is no exception. Don't worry - you can feel like a warrior with him. And he can do some nice things with his shield.
I've managed to take out a ranger AND a bear shaman solo in PvP with my guardian and still use the same feat combinations to tank in a dungeon.. does that help ? =)
yep as Duncan said.. you're gonan be pleasantly suprised if youtry a guardian.. can't really spoil all the fun in telling you all about that class tho. but i'll answer what i can . =D

How do the soldier classes compare as far as being tanks? Obviously, the Guardian with most HP and Plate & likely the best taunts is choice #1. But how about Conquerers and Dark Templars? The DT is intriguing to me, but if they blow as a tank I'll try something else.
Reading the descriptions for the mage classes is a little tough to understand. They are ranged AoE damage with pets, other than HoX? How does the HoX compare as a caster to the other two types?

Can groups outside of a dungeon get away without a healer? I'm talking about in a typical, level appropriate situation. Do any classes that are not priest classes have limited healing abilities?

Guardian definitely is as pure a tank as you can get.. i mean one of his feat trees is actually called : JUGGERNAUT FFS.. heheh

ConQuerors.. highest DPS in the soldier classes... nearly unlimited regen power last i seen them.. cause thier Auras work so well and have a 4 hour duration .. even if you die it will still be up when you resurrect.

I heard it say that the key to a DT is thier life taps. I haven't played one so i'll ask a DT to come answer this one later in depth if he can .

the casters.. ok i don't test this archetype : hard enuff with testing rogue and soldier archetype and tryin to keep a current update on my feedback journal to the devs.
But I can tell you what I know..

Necro pets work like dots..i dunno if they've made adjustments to them and upped thier damage but they are not pet tanks..

Demonologist pets.. they're walking ,sometimes flirting, sometimes casting debuffers and buffers. depending on the demon they summon they either buff the DEMO or debuff mobs.

HOX : hard to define.. they cast spells and procs on thier weapons and fight mellee style.. ussually using 2 handed weapons.

outside of dungeons.. yes its totally doable to just make do without a full group at all or even with out a healer. it can be freaking near impossible if you are fighting elite level mobs.. meant for full groups. but doable.

limited healing abilities ?

Assasin can go to teh lotus feat tree and get "GOLDEN LOTUS" which is a short duration health regen with a long cool down ( 3 mins )

Conqueror has an aura that can proc group health and stamina regen. and even group ressurection.

DT can proc group life tap. and or life taps when he gets hit.

Barbarian can use a feat that lets him regen faster health the more enemies he's fighting.. ( stacks up to 10 times.) then there's health potions and stamina potions and mana potions.. all are "over-time" not insta heal pots.

My question for you is, you say that you played a Barb and tried some other soldier types. In your opinion what are the plusses and minusses of the conq. and barb. I am torn between these 2 classes when the game goes live. I love DW and doing damage but I don't want to choose a character that gets shunned from groups like hunters in WOW. Once you had 1 hunter even in a 10 man people really didn't want anymore than that.

thankfully the way it works in AoC.. you can nevr have too many or too little of any class..
if you had one of each soldier class in a group all their group abilities actually compliment each other and makes it a stronger group !

so you can have Guardian,DT, and ConQ .. all soldier archetypes in teh same group but each one would be able to fit into a specific role.
you can even have 3 of teh same specific classes and it would still work out.

for example you can have a polearm specced guardian for AOE damage with better mellee range ( polearms really have a longer mellee reach ! )
a sword and shield specced guardian for main tank. and a diffrent soldier or a guardian who's using a mixed soldier feat tree combination as off tank .

PROS of a BARBARIAN in 2 handed spec ( named BERSERKER )
lots of CC abilities and passive feats.

PROS of a BARBARIAN in dual weild spec ( named REAVER )
higher DPS rating and alot of d.o.t. combos

CONS for barbarian.. can't tank in a dungeon.. light armor only.
not enough HP for a dungeon situation. barbarian is classified in AoC as a Rogue Archetype.. that's why they have no taunts.

What's your favorite class to play at this point? Do you think there will be endless arguing on what class is the best tank? Or is each more situational?

favorite class to play : GUARDIAN for the sheer ability to literally "wade" into battle and still believe i may just survive alone ! thier beasts I tell ya ! and Barbarian cause it's got some of the freakin' coolest fatalitiy moves and combat animations ive seen of all the mellee classes.. hard to explain how they look but i can describe a barbarian fatality to you as an example :

the barbarian shoves his 2 handed sword into the gut of his enemy twists to teh left.. walks closer and grabs the head of the enemy with both hands and snaps his neck to teh right.. then steps to the side and pushes the corpse to the side and you watch the body fall to the ground

I just want to know the pros and cons of the assassin class. I love stealth and plan on playing a pvp server and was wondering if its a balanced class, meaning that if you get caught off guard not in stealth you still have a chance in pvp and stuff like that.

ok since the assasin is definitely one of my favorites.. i'll try to give a neutral response to this.. heh

these are just my observations on the assasin in PvP and PvE server during teh last build. not teh current build we have now in general beta for which i have yet to test past level 7. and I wholeheartedly, encourage you to reserve some judgements for the classes til you've tested it yourself more.

PROs
-definitely the highest DPS of all the Mellee classes..burst DPS is scary . sometimes i kill fast enough to survive 3 mobs at once.
-best stealth skill in the entire game.
-can use crossbows ( higher damage than regular bow, but definitely shorter range )
-stealth attack from an assasin sometimes has the chance to knock out 1/3rd of your enemy HP.. there's even a feat that in PvE you can insta -kill a minion.
-you can gain a knockback ability thru a feat by level 35
-you gain a short duration health regen ability stackable with potions and group regen buffs
-lots of really great debuffs in your feat trees

CONs
-limited to cloth and silk armor ONLY.. period. means you got the lowest armor rating of all the mellee classes.
-once your enemies get to level 50 they too can use bows and crossbows and you can't just kite them to death anymore.
-your HP is the lowest for all the Mellee classes, so ussually ONE mistake in PvP= dead
-stealth has a 10 second cool down. will be hard to sprint away and get far enough away to enable HIDE.

note : I have to go back into pvp server and test the new build to see how well evasion and parry is now .and I can give a better response here.
but i will admit.. assasin is probably one of the hardest classes to play in PvP solo past level 40. as far as the last build was concerned.
this new one.. I'll find out.

I was wondering if played all the solder types and witch one did u think was the best.iknow there good tanks but witch one does the most dps

quite simply put.. ConQueror has the best DPS in the soldier archetype.. plain and simple. all the general beta testers agree on this one at least.

best thing about a ConQ is that they are very very group friendly and everyone loves thier auras for their regen abilities and attack buffs.
but he doesn't have as many Taunts as a guardian and has 2k lower hp than the guardian. and can not wear full plate.. highest armor ConQ can wear is heavy armor.

DT can Tank because they have the ability to taunt well and can wear Half-plate armor and equip a shield.
also they have some very good taunt procs in group.
I've never tested one.. just played with a couple before.

Guardian has highest hp in-game 8.5 k hp at level 80 unbuffed and can wear full plate. has taunts and procs that generate more taunts., defensive group buffs and otehr nifty stuff like using his shield on knockbacks and silencing players or mobs.
he loses about 20 percent of his defensive total if he spec's to polearm.. but he can still tank really well and has gained alot of DPS and AoE mellee power in polearm spec.. so that's your choice now on which to play with this info. and save teh last judgement for yourself

what have you heard in the GB about the performance of the Tempest of Set in later levels, i got to play one for about an hour last night and i was astonished at the sheer killing power of that priest. Only Boss marked NPCs didn't die in 1 shot from my lightning strikes.

Also, how does the Tempest perform as a group healer, is it good enough to combine nuking and healing?

I played a ToS (Tempest of Set) to level 50 before the wipe. First off, you don't stay that powerfull, you won't 1shot anything, nor will any other class. When I leveled the class was a bit monotone, as Lightning Strike was the only good dps, but after last patch ( the one before this, not sure how this affected ToS) this got a lot better, some of our before useless spells became usefull. So, what I got to say about ToS later levels is that you have some good damage (which is all AoE, so perfect for AoE grinding), you have good heals (which are mostly HoTs and gives you time to do other stuff in groups, love the new approach to healing). Haven't tried higher level PvP.

well the tempest of set is actually designed as : the more damage she puts out the higher his/her heals are when cast.

POM is designed as.. the more she heals the higher her offensive spells become. knockbacks gaining higher effect and less resisted and such. but again .
I've only seen it and never tested it. and can only repeat what I've already read from the POM threads in GB. so at best it's second-hand knowledge from me about casters and priests.

can my assassin sneak up on a guardian for hit and run attacks

Hit and run, not so much in 1vs1. Hit yes, run ... no hehe. When you decloak it's a bit harder to cloak again.

If you were going to match up a healer type to a Guardian, which one would you pick and why? Same question if you were picking a healer type to match up with a Ranger, or Assassin?

I would say from what I've read / heard, it's better to match a PoM/Guardian and ToS/Assassin as well as BS/Ranger. It's pure logical idea though. I mean:
A Priest of Mitra will hlep the Guardian defend a position with knockbacks and the more he heals the Guardian the stronger he gets.
The Tempest of Seth will have strong attacks to support the Assassin thus killing faster and after that, when they get in trouble, he will have stronger heals to heal both of them. And the Ranger and the Bear Shaman will most likely function like a WoW hunter with his pet :P . BS in the front, doing dmg and healing himself and the ranger, while the ranger can shoot from far away.

Rangers in PvP:, from some random posts i have heard they are a tough fight.
Why is that so?

initially rangers have really high damage out put from thier ranged combos.

Do they have snares or something to keep you out of melee range?

yes they have snares and otehr combos that reduce your attack speed for a short time

How much damage do they do compared to spells, melee?

can't really compare since I rarely test thisclass in particular i focus on ways to fight them.. hehe

Can they kite or they just get the initial range from you and then when you get close they use melee aswell?

they can't truely Kite.. as the ranger needs to stand still at the moment before they tap the key that concludes the combo's move.

Can you do the WoW like kiting, runing froms oembody then jump and do the 180° turn to fire and so on?

heh.. thankfully.. NO. as i said you can't run while pulling off the combo as you need to stop at the end of your sequence to get teh combo to trigger.
you can run around and do normal attacks in mellee without using a combo. but rangers can't run and shoot a bow,

-]T[-krusty

• Vollmumu
  • Global Moderator
Re: Age of Conan
« Antwort #62 am: 10:30:50 ,08 Mai 2008 »

What class would you say has the best survivability? solo questing, resource gathering, and pvp? I was leading towards rolling a assassin for my first character hoping it would be a pretty good leveling and anti gank character.

i can't honestly answer this yet considering there's so many untested new things in the new build.. but i am confident you can pretty much solo any class in AoC.. regardless of PvE or PvP.

You have stated that the ConQ has the best soldier melee damage, while the assassin does more damage.By how much? 10%? 50%? 100%? If you could do something like that for all the melee classes it would help me see the overall damage differences between the melee classes (Ranger too if you have it!). Too bad you haven't played the Bear Shaman, it would be interesting to see where their DPS falls in the list.

welp as i've said anything I say on this part can be null and void after the new changes in the beta client. so many significant changes that we al had our characters wiped !

the assasin still trumps any mellee damage out put even compared to teh rangers best bow combo.
as for percentages? I couldn't tell you .. the only answers we ever got when asking a dev and when one DID reply was this :

BEFORE APRIL 14th Build
as far as DPS went in the Mellee classes :

-Assasin
-Barbarian
-ranger
-conqueror
-Dark Templar
-Guardian

Demonologist was the highest DPS for casters stated by devs in the gen beta forums. but an Assasin was still higher. Originally Posted by Jayde
Assassins beat Demos in PvE DPS from everything I have ever seen and tested with.

I am particularly interested in a Tempest of Set -- is there any way you could bribe an active ToS to tell a little bit more about the class? There seems to be the least interest/information available on them. I would like to know more about their skills, and hear some personal experiences in both pve and pvp.

My guildie played a tempest of set all the way to 80 and I've never had an issue with them ..
I've heard that they were awesome as the only healer in a dungeon and they were able to maintain a steady flow of heals and added dps thru out teh entire dungeon with minimal downtime.

Is the Herald of Xotli in trouble as a class? We have heard almost nothing about it and there seems to be feedback in here that you get 20sec of being uber and then 1m40 of being weak and waiting for demon form again.

it's a unique clas for sure.. weilding 2 handed weapons and wearing casters robes.. but i've seen one at leve l60 before the last wipe. and I've also listened in global chat about how some found it difficult to level. so I guess that's something that may take some patience and skill to get to a good level.

How is the conquerer as a supporter? Is it possible to play him mainly as a supporter, or are there other characters better suited for it?

I personally believe that the conQueror is one of the best support tanks I've had the pleasure of grouping with. may not have the armor rating of a DT.. but I love thier auras and no question about thier Dps...they have alot of feats that are specialized for group combat.

For the assassin how do the lotus tree and unholy tree compare to eachother, as in how does it really alter the way you fight, if at all?

lotus tree is mostly passive and utility abilities with some CC. Corruption tree is highly aggresive and focuses on debuffs and Damage over time. none of the skills gained in the corruption tree feats are passive and need to be clicked. as of last build

Since it seems PoM was your main, can you give comparison between PoM and other games healers if you played them extensively? (holy priest in WoW, cleric in EQ etc)

First of all, healing doesn't work the same in AoC as in other games. It's mostly HoTs. There is no "oh shit" button. The best job you can do is keep your hots up at all times and hope your team is smart enough to stay close to you so everyone can benefit (otherwise you waste mana).

The luck of an oh shit button means that teams can't go over their heads without expecting to die. A good healer can't keep the team together if the rest of the members can't think for themselves (mainly by pulling from all over the place, attacking before the designated main tanks etc.)

Some differences with WoW priest for example (my former WoW guild was kind enough to allow my priest to get the legendary staff and still going strong as we speak). in WoW you watch bars. Here once you have your HoTs up, you're free to do anything you feel like it's best for the team. You have plenty of time to look around and if you bind the HoT to a key, you can streamline it by twitch updating every few seconds. Most of the time was spend adjusting position and doing other stuff, healing was easy to maintain without much thought besides cone positioning.

Main job of a PoM is healing in a group, secondary crowd control, third is damage. The more people he heals, the bigger the damage he deals. However usually the damage dealers were a good deal better than me and the teams were not overly careful, so I was refraining from spending mana all over the place. So it was usually healing and CC, with damage from xbow.

The other two priests are more offensive. ToS gets mana the more caster damage he deals, thus he can afford to worry a bit less about getting drained. Same with BS, dealing damage which raised his healing spell power.

Now, the same spec I used for grouping, I used for PvP as well. I didn't find another level 80 PoM to fight (at least not online at the same time). I did fight with ToS and BM 1 vs 1. The experience however as you can imagine was made obsolete by the new patch.
ToS had a clear advantage over PoM, I was using healing/CC/damage spells on him, he was using damage on me and gaining mana by them, while I was draining myself. A mana pot kept us on an equal ground, although ToS had the upper edge again (2 vs 1 odds).
BS against PoM was a never ending fight. I didn't sit still to be hit by his very damaging combos. I was also not able to outdamage his heals. We had fights dragging for over 30 mins.

So the main difference with healers from other games is that you're not stuck playing the 'fill the bar' game. Whether people will like this more active role with the sacrifice of being unable to recover team from a real bad situation remains to be seen.

*** Originally posted by AyameArai ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyameArai
So I heard from Shadowgrail that there are a lot of people who are curious about Herald of Xotli as a class, so I'm here to answer questions about the class based on my experience of leveling HoX to 71 prior to wipe and nearly 30 (work in progress) now post wipe. As the topic itself had a few questions I think it will be best to start by answering those:

HoX? How does the HoX compare as a caster to the other two types?

Herald of Xotli I would say is entirely different game from the two other caster types. Main difference of the HoX is that Herald is more or less a melee class mixed with supportive / offensive melee range spells which makes HoX more of a unique version of a battlemage in cloth armor mixed with a bit of a demonic touch.

While the idea of a melee mage in cloth armor might sound weird, HoX actually plays quite well. This has been achieved by giving HoX some buffs that offset the lack of armor rating a bit, by boosting the raw defensive rating but also by offering a buff that absorbs a certain amount of damage before HoX starts to take damage from their own health pool - in addition to the buffs the HoX comes with quite a decent damage output.

As for HoX gameplay, personally I would see that HoX at the start is 90% melee, 10% spells. Later on I would say HoX is 70% melee, 30% magic but this depends on entirely how you choose your feats as HoX - as you could go with heavy melee focus and ignore the casting mostly or put even more heavier focus on magic.

I have one request, is there any way you could ask/persuade a Mage player to come in here and give us some info on them? i know people have tons of questions regarding them, but i really just want to know the differences between them all (mainly Necro, Demonologist, and HoX). I would really just like to know which way to lean, i know it depends on my playstyle, so on that note i would say brutal/evil for me..

Herald of Xotli is definitely both brutal and evil. As a faithful servant of demon-god Xotli your primary weapon is a two handed sword you wield and the fiery magic to scorch the flesh of your enemies. Also on occasions you can morph in to a demonic form which to some degree reminds me of Lovecraftian design.

That being said, HoX combines melee and fire in majority of their combos be it from striking your sword to the ground and summoning pillar of infernal fire to burn your enemies or covering your sword in flames and pulling off a sword combo which seems almost as if powered by inhuman forces.

On the fatality side HoX approaches the more brutal side of the game, fatalities include things such as setting your enemy on fire and watch him/her scream until the opponent dies or simply torturing your enemy with flames and preparing your 2-handed sword for a strike while watching your enemy scream in agony and then finally ending it with chopping their head off... Or more efficiently punching through the opponents chest and ripping their heart out, only to proceed to eat it yourself in order to gain a minor heal.

So if that combined with melee mage sounded good, then HoX could be worth a look.

Is the Herald of Xotli in trouble as a class? We have heard almost nothing about it and there seems to be feedback in here that you get 20sec of being uber and then 1m40 of being weak and waiting for demon form again. Any views on this?

Herald of Xotli is often very much underestimated and people judge the class (I did as well in the start) based on the gameplay on first, say 15 levels or so or in some cases for earlier.

As expected, you don't get all the good stuff from the start which leaves HoX as a melee class in a cloth armor. For new players to HoX this means a very rocky start as levels 1-10 can be quite difficult - depending on how well you adjust to the role of the class. The more levels you gain, the more powerful you become and HoX I would say is one of those classes that keeps constantly improving a lot. While some other classes might already play much easier from the start and steadily progress along.

After level 10 the class gets considerably better and at level 17 HoX is finally starting to have a portion of the classes true power. Even though I must say that HoX is a class that requires quick thinking in combat, bit of pre-planning and really paying attention to what your abilities do.

As for the demon form, the abilitity currently lasts 25 seconds without feats and with feats you are able to increase the duration slightly / reduce the recast time - as well as unlock a more powerful demon form "Avatar of Xotli" which is on separate timer.

As for the demon form itself, currently I would say that it is something you would want to save up for those situations when you have a larger encounter ahead that you couldn't normally take or when there is a boss encounter ahead - rather than something to use instantly when it is up.

I would definitely like more information on the herald of xotli and the dark templar playstyles if any of you guys are testing those. The herald in particular interests me the most.

As for the playstyle of Herald of Xotli, I would say you need to be somewhat calculative of what you do and have a bit of pre-planning on the each situation.

For example, check the area for possible patrols, make sure you got some room to escape if the pull goes badly, never try to engage a huge bunch of mobs without a plan B or for that matter a plan A as simply mindless rushing will end up in a trip to resurrection point and fast.

As said HoX is a melee mage who wears cloth armor, now while you have a buff to increase your defensive rating and a buff to absorb a portion of damage - you will still take a lot of damage and fast if you take on multiple mobs.

In those cases you need to be able to make decisions fast, be it from debuffing the mobs, killing portion of them and rooting the rest / running or simply positioning them properly and unleashing some raw power to strike them all down before you die. Also as a HoX potions are your friends, they can save your life on very tough situations.

Also as a HoX you always need to keep an eye out on your damage absorbtion spell, as the spell itself has only 5 minute duration you will need to refresh it often. However, a lot of people simply just forget about it and start to complain how HoX is weak and ends up dead so fast.

======================================

That being said, as you might have noticed I've definitely found my class and absolutely love Herald of Xotli. As the class offers interesting concept, rewarding gameplay and quite a few feats that have huge effect on your gameplay from things such as improved demon form, rather limited self resurrection, various new spells / combos or simply just changes to your existing spells / combos that change the way your character can be player.

Herald of Xotli can definitely offer fun and it is a nice class choice. However, I must say that if you prefer running to the battle and just hack & slash your enemies to bits - then HoX might not be the correct choice for you. Instead if you prefer to think and are able to react quick to the situations in battle and like a little challenge once in a while, then HoX could be worth a look.

As for the HoX in groups, I would say that role of HoX is to mainly do dps and secondarily offer some debuffs and buffs as well. Group mobs tend to hit hard, and combined with cloth armor and not-so-high amount of hp on Heralds you will need to be careful about your aggro and learn your limits.

I hope that answered even a slight portion of questions about Herald of Xotli as a class, but if you can think of any other questions please do post them and I'll try to take a look at this topic once in a while to answer any if I can (PvP related questions I can't answer for now at least, since I play on PvE).

If you could elaborate a bit on the spells, just generally speaking.

Heralds get a defense and damage absorb buff, makes sense since they are cloth melee class. But are there any group buffs available? And for the offensive spells do they get anything like health or stamina drains or is it mostly debuffs to fire/melee and aoe/dd fire damage?

I'm seeing it as sort of akin to the templar in shadowbane just without the platemail obviously.

The damage absorbing buff is a group buff. Apart from that the other stuff are self buffs, which include things such as the defense buff I mentioned earlier, resist buff, pulsing damage shield around the herald and some more.

On the debuff / crowd control side heralds have some debuffs such as melee mitigation debuff/damage debuff for mobs attacks, instant cast point blank range root spell...

In addition there are fancy things such as Hellstep, which allows you to charge at your opponent at incredible speed and from feats you can unlock things such as mana to stamina conversion spell, a spell that extends the duration of your next demon form, melee procs that increase your next offensive spell cast or another proc to make it free cast etc.

Well theres a whole lot more of stuff really, but that should give some sort of picture I hope. As for the combos, a lot of HoX combos include some additional components either by default or with feats - which can debuff mobs, set them on fire for dot damage, mana burn them (or with a feat this turns into a mana leech/drain) or have some other additional effects.

In general theres a lot of stuff really which depends on how you select your feats in addition to the regular things you get as a HoX.

Are there 5 levels of Conqueror group run speed aura? Are there any known items that can buff that run speed (like bard drums or things)?

will have to ask a conqueror in-game about feats for run speed. but there's an aura that regens stamina so well that you almost can run at sprint speed continously if you used a super sized stamina potion.

Does the Run Speed buff work in Dungeons? Does Combat disable it?

it's pretty hard to sprint and fight simultaeneously.. since you have to have really really large hands just to reach all your hotkeys !

Playing other games the most important aspects for a meelee class for me are:
1) How do they reach the enemy (charge, stealth, teleport, pull enemy to yourself, speed boost)?

all classes.. including Mellee classes have multiple ways of reaching the enemy. by later levels most soldiers have a sort of Charge ability in one way or another. as wel as throwing weapons, and the use of crossbows by level 50.

2) How do they keep the enemy in meelee range (snares, etc?)?

some have snares , yes.

3) What options do they have to get out of snares?

active blocking can sometimes prevent this.. snares don't last for too long but probably long enough to really harm you if you're fighting a high DPS class. resistances, and items with immunity to certain effects found in rings and necklaces, can also do this.

I've tested the barbarian to 50 , as I said before on the previous answers,

There are two seperate feat trees for barbarians :

Berserker ( 2H weapons ) = CC's thru knockbacks, and Stuns lots of passive abilities. this feat tree also opens up to increased AoE abilities.

Reaver Dual weild specialist feat tree. highly aggresive, higher over-all DPS in this tree. no passive abilities ( meaning you need to click the abilities in this tree ) lots of debuffs and Damage Over Time.

barbarian is second only to the assasin in mellee DPS. limited only to light armor ( leather) and can use Bows.

-]T[-krusty

• Vollmumu
  • Global Moderator
« Antwort #63 am: 10:32:14 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Section 6 - Crafting

I personally like to hear a bit more about the crafting system are ressource nodes found everywhere or do most things drop of mobs?

some resources drop from mobs.. like leather resources. Resources are all ofer the world map.. but some places have more than others and some rare resources have to be found in really ,really , dangerous areas. as it's been stated that teh rarest of resources will be found in the borderkingdoms

Do you feel that crafted items are still useful compared with instance drops?

well.. crafted items are one of the few items in game that can have slots for gems.. one slot can have + 1000 magic resistance put into it or a plus 2% fatality chance. so yes i think its definitely useful

could you tell us more about profession, how they work, what is implemented and are they usefull?
as far as professions? crafting ?

crafting begins at level 40.
you may also begin the profession of Harvester ( gathering all of the resources ) at level 20. so along with harvesting, you may also chose two other professions and MASTER only ONE.
at level 40 youcan go to the lactiesh plains and begin the crafting quests.

you can speak to the tradeskill masters like a master weaponsmith and accept the quests that will lead you to gathering and creating teh first tier of weapons you'll make. ussually the quest will require you to make one of each type of weapon and give the very first creations back to the mastersmith to complete it.

Once all teh weapons on the first tier quest list are completed you can chose to accept the next tier of weapons to make to advance in your chosen craft. you'll gather more difficult resources as teh tiers progressively get higher.

this is the same method ofadvancement for all the other professions . in AoC you don't need to make 1000 rusty swords to advance and make 1 simple sword. you only need to complete and create ONE of each item to craft in each tier.
to advance and make a better quality item.

I think I meant the prestige classes (though it was the same as professions) , so what is it like? Lord,commander and master since you already did crafter. Are they realy usefull? How does they work guild wise? and such things

they removed the feature of prestige classes LORD, MASTER, Commander.. they even made that info on the open forums in thier website. the exact details are on an interview they did about what features they decided to trim so that they could meet the deadline, and to make it more flexible in crafting choices. they felt it was too restricting to the players . you'll be able to find the article and the review on the official website.

Crafted items/gems, how viable are they truly? From the items available to testers are the crafted things a viable alternative to the raid gear? I assume so since gear is said to have a lesser impact on things. Still I'd like to know how it compares.

will see about gems and slotted items in crafting soon. last build I was only able to get to tier one in weaponsmithing ( level 40 gear ) but i saw in the gem recipes for example that one gem can put up to + 1000 magic resistance in one slot. also only raid drops and crafted gear were said to have slotted items, and only crafted gear can have customizeable slots

Are the higher tier resources just really slow spawntimes, or simply in dangerous territory? Perhaps a combination of both?

short answer .. Both

-]T[-krusty

• Vollmumu
  • Global Moderator
« Antwort #64 am: 11:20:17 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Ten Ton Hammer Class Interviews

* Dark Templar            http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/20841
    * Guardian                   http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/20852
    * Conqueror                http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/20856
    * Assassin                   http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/20893
    * Barbarian                 http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/20973
    * Ranger                     http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/21688
    * Bear Shaman           http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/22025
    * Priest of Mitra          http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/28421
    * Tempest of Set        http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/28965

-]T[-Neflite99

• Oberster Kriegsfürst
  • Administrator
  • For the Horde
« Antwort #65 am: 11:27:34 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Das klingt alles ziemlich porno muss ich sagen.   :)

Justin

• Turbo
  • Geist von Captain Morgan
« Antwort #66 am: 11:29:21 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Ein Tank der Schaden macht ... wunderbar!

-]T[-krusty

• Vollmumu
  • Global Moderator
« Antwort #67 am: 11:30:56 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Bin zwischen Barbarian und Conqueror hin- und hergerissen. Ranger eher nicht, zu lange ranged gespielt :-), ausserdem rockt melee-combat sehr.

-]T[-Neflite99

• Oberster Kriegsfürst
  • Administrator
  • For the Horde
« Antwort #68 am: 11:35:11 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Und ich zw. Necro & Demo.....eher zu Necro....denn die beiden Klassen scheinen ja noch relativ unverbreitet und wenig bekannt zu sein....ausserdem ist böse sein schon immer was feines gewesen^^

-]T[-El_Supremo

• Architect of Negativity
  • I don't care, what you don't like!
« Antwort #69 am: 12:28:45 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Ein Tank der Schaden macht ... wunderbar!

Wenn ich das richtig verstanden habe, machen alle Tanks Schaden, da sie die Möglichkeit haben, zwischen Off- und Defstances hin- und herzuwechseln. Im Offstance machen sie wohl 50% Schaden mehr, nehmen dafür aber auch 100% mehr Schaden. Ob das daher so sinnvoll ist, im PvP in diesen Stance zu wechseln, bleibt abzuwarten.

Interessant finde ich auch, dass die Heiler entweder viel Schaden machen oder starke CC haben: Bärenschamane soll jedenfalls wesentlich stärker reinhauen als Eroberer, und Mitrapriester soll mehr CC haben als Dämonologe. Alles in allem also das Gegenteil dessen, was man so aus anderen Spielen kennt.

P.S.: Need teh Bearshaman ... soll mit Conquerer nämlich ziemlich abgehen. "Conquerer + Bearshaman = Win  :P", wie es in einem anderen Fred hieß.  ;)
"An die dumme Stirne gehört als Argument von Rechts wegen die geballte Faust."
(Friedrich Nietzsche)

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."
(George Orwell)

Archibalgul

• Turbohorde
« Antwort #70 am: 13:43:51 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Da es in München anscheinend leichter ist, eine Blaue Mauritius zu kaufen als eine UK-Pre-Order von AoC, habe ich soeben in der Mittagspause bei Saturn eine der wenigen verbliebenen DE-Pre-Order gekauft, selbst die sind mittlerweile rar. Für eine Bestellung waren mir die Zeit zu knapp und die Händlerangaben zur Lieferbarkeit zu wackelig. Ich denke, daß ich die fehlenden 5 Fatality-Moves verkraften kann, außerdem wäre es das erste Spiel, bei dem es nicht früher oder später einen "Workaround" für so etwas geben würde. ;D Mir geht es auch nicht um das Gesplatter, ich lasse mich nur nicht gerne von dickbäuchigen ahnungslosen Bürokraten vorschreiben, was ich wie zu spielen habe.

Wenn ich das jetzt richtig verstanden habe, läuft das so: Man blecht nochmal 5EUR für 10 Tage Spielzeit, die ab 20.05. beginnt (und damit den 1. Monat um eine Woche verschiebt). Ab 17.05. kann man das Spiel herunterladen, damit man am 20.05. loslegen kann. Korrekt?

-]T[-krusty

• Vollmumu
  • Global Moderator
« Antwort #71 am: 13:45:48 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Preorder für deutsche Version

bei Bestellung des PreOrder PAcks wird diese sofort (sofern uns die Ausweiskopie vorliegt) mit der Post versandt, der Betrag ist entsprechend der gewählten Zahlungsform sofort zu bezahlen.

Sobald dann die Vollversion erschienen ist (nach aktuellem Stand ist der Release am 23. Mai) wir diese sofort und absolut kostenfrei nachgeliefert.

Die PreOrder enthält folgendes:

Exklusives 12seitiges Booklet mit Informationen über Hyboria Exklusives Ingame-Item "Killer Nashorn" (Hülle enthält einen Keycode, mit dem das Item später aktiviert werden kann, eine DVD ist nicht enthalten)

Der Keycode berechtigt den Spieler dazu, nach Registrierung bei Funcom und Zahlung von 5,- EUR per Kreditkarte oder Bankeinzug, schon vor Release das Spiel ab 10. Mai herunterzuladen und ab dem 17.5. zu spielen. Spätestens 7 Tage nach Release muss der Account durch Eingabe eines Vollversions-Codes verlängert werden).

http://www.okaysoft.de

P.S.:

http://gamestop.de/filialen.html
« Letzte Änderung: 13:51:35 ,08 Mai 2008 von -]T[-krusty »

-]T[-MorGotH

• Des Teufels General
  • Administrator
« Antwort #72 am: 14:01:50 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Ich werde wohl morgen mal bei gamestop reinschauen, da ich eh neue Grillkohle kaufen muss - wenn ich da keine Eng. Preorder bekomme, bestelle ich mir eine bei OK-Soft. Bzw. wohl eher die normal engl. Version.
Anstatt zu klagen, was ihr wollt, solltet ihr dankbar sein, dass ihr nicht all das bekommt, was ihr verdient.

-]T[-Neflite99

• Oberster Kriegsfürst
  • Administrator
  • For the Horde
« Antwort #73 am: 14:28:44 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Nein, eure Infos sind veraltet.Hier eine aktuelle Änderung.

"Der Start des Early Access in Europa wurde vorgezogen! Beide, die US und die EU Server werden nun am 17. Mai (5pm GMT - 19 Uhr) die Tore öffnen. Dieses Datum war bisher der 20. für die EU Server, jetzt erhalten europäische Spieler aber 6 Tage Early Access bis zur regulären Veröffentlichung am 23. Mai!"

Quelle: AoC-Seite

Auf deutsch....ab 14.05 PreOrder saugen und am 17.05 durchstarten^^

-]T[-MorGotH

• Des Teufels General
  • Administrator
« Antwort #74 am: 14:37:24 ,08 Mai 2008 »

Der Keycode berechtigt den Spieler dazu, nach Registrierung bei Funcom und Zahlung von 5,- EUR per Kreditkarte oder Bankeinzug, schon vor Release das Spiel ab 10. Mai herunterzuladen und ab dem 17.5. zu spielen. Spätestens 7 Tage nach Release muss der Account durch Eingabe eines Vollversions-Codes verlängert werden).

www.fielmann.de  ;D
Anstatt zu klagen, was ihr wollt, solltet ihr dankbar sein, dass ihr nicht all das bekommt, was ihr verdient.
Seiten: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Nach oben